Sunday, April 6, 2008

Want to sleep, but I can't sleep

So I stay up till midnight or later everynight, only to be back up a couple hours later changing a wet diaper, getting a bottle of "yucky milk" and going back to sleep for another couple hours before my nightly routine starts all over again.

Why stay up so late you might ask? Well, might as well make use of the time I'm going to be awake for anyway....or.... lay in bed and let my thoughts invade for 2-3 hours before I finally cry myself to sleep.

I'm so done. Kurt and I didn't even get to watch Conference this weekend. We were at church, but messing with the boys the whole time. They decided to get cranky and that this weekend of all weekends was the one to really act out on.

I feel bad for Theron. His world is more upside down that I think about, and he's acting out, and he's two and he's trying to potty train, but not really, and he wants to test out his newfound independence, and as a result he is getting into more trouble. So the time we spend with him, we fuss at him to mind, get onto him and he cries. We can't just let him get away with things though, or we'll have a really hard time when this is all over and we get back to some normalcy of life. Right?

I just want the time we do get with him to be happy and productive. And Lukas, yeah, he knows how to through MAJOR fits now. The high pitched squeal, the flailing of arms and legs, the super-tantrums... Jeeze, we are so very much in trouble later on...

Down the road we'll get to hear: "Hey your son is NED (No evidence of disease), but man do you have issues to deal with now! Just look at the attitude problems we created for you!!! Have fun, see you in a couple months for follow up!"

Oh, joy.

No comments: