Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thankful and Happy



Most of you might already know our news. Lukas is a miracle baby. One that didn't read the rule book. He does everything his own way. He was supposed to be intubated for at least the first day and maybe longer. He got to ICU and pulled the tube out and was up and going. Granted he was super drugged up, but still... The surgery only took about 6 hours when they were expecting 10 or more....

My sweet little Lukas. He has a big cut across the top of his head, but he is ALIVE and doing great! This last week has been so emotional. So many worries and unknowns, so many horrible thoughts and concerns. How do we handle it if Lukas doesn't make it, how do we explain that to Theron?

But you know what? From his very first baby blessing, Heavenly Father has said time and time again that Lukas has an important work to do. I don't know what that is, but I think he is definitely doing it right now and he's just getting started.

I am so very, very thankful for everyone that reads this blog, for everyone that has said prayers and continues to say them for Lukas, I'm thankful for my friends and family. For everyone that came to sit for the long hours while Lukas was in surgery. For the food that was brought up, the snacks that were given to us, the hugs and distractions. I'm extremely thankful for those that have taken care of Theron through all of this, giving him as much normalcy as possible. I'm thankful for all the long nights you have spent with us and for letting me cry and not telling me "it will be ok" but just letting me get it all out. I'm really thankful for the washer and dryer! I love them, it's nice to be able to do a LOT of laundry in a few loads. I'm thankful for everyone that has offered to do something even though there hasn't been much to do. I continue to see families struggling with hardly, if not any, family around. I can't imagine doing this on our own. We fought moving back to Texas, but we did it because we knew it was where we needed to be and here we are. We have such a great and loving Heavenly Father. He has such big plans for us and I'm learning, sometimes very slowly, that he knows me and my heart and my needs and I have never been left wanting anything. I have everything I could ever need right now. The best husband in the world, the two most beautiful baby boys and family and friends that will drop everything and bend over backwards to help out. Life doesn't get much better than this.

I love all of you and I know that you will all be rewarded tenfold for everything you do for us!

1 comment:

Marlee said...

This is my favorite post yet.
I love to read your blog and see the strength you have, how much you've changed and the unmeasurable faith you have. I love you tons and I'm so glad you're so stong. I think you really set a wonderful example for so many.
Lukas is indeed a miracle baby. I am so glad everything went so well these past few days!

I'm hoping to come up there again Thursday to see him. It was really hard to look at his scar, but I think it'll get easier. I just don't know how you do it!

See you guys soon!