Thursday, January 17, 2008

Considered Lucky

Really, I do consider myself lucky now. I guess I should say, I consider Lukas lucky. We have met 2 more kids in the last couple of days that have Neuroblastoma, Stage 4 High Risk. We have also met at least a dozen kids that have Leukemia and have been on years or will be on years of treatments. We met a little girl today that has a brain tumor and has been battling it for 4 years now. Her mom asked how I was doing and was suprised when I said I'm pretty fine with it all, that it was "normal" life for us now. What else is it supposed to be? A pity party all day everyday? I have my crappy, super depressed moments (Monday being one of them) and then I get over it. I can't change any of this and it could be MUCH worse, so it is "normal" now. It is what it is and we just adjust and deal with it.

I guess I can consider myself lucky too. I've got the best friends and family helping me through this. My husband is the best. He knows when to say it's going to be ok and when to just back off and let me cry and be upset. Theron is such an angle, he takes such good care of Lukas. I am pretty lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be as strong as you are. Never thought I would have someone other than Teresa to look up too. You proved me wrong. I have you too look up. I love you and my boys....