Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lukas' new quilt

YAY!!! FINALLY got some fabric so I could start using my Christmas present... a FABULOUS new sewing machine.

A friend of mine in KS taught me how to quilt and I loved doing it, but never had a good sewing machine, so I gave up. Low and behold, my husband knew I loved to quilt and got me the coolest sewing machine for Christmas, the only thing he forgot was fabric so I could make something!

Well, 2 1/2 months later and we finally make it to JoAnns. I got the fabric Saturday and cut, pieced and sewed the strips together Sunday after dinner. I sewed all the strips together and decided to make a border today and got the top all finished, added the lining and the backing and pinned it all up. Now all I need is a smaller quilting frame and I'll get it all quilted and post more pics.




2 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Beautiful!! I wish I lived closer so you could teach me!

themacdonnells said...

Just move out here and you can kick my butt into shape and I can teach you how to quilt! It's a win win situation :)