Monday, November 26, 2007

Overwhelming

I sit here in room 3111 at Cooks Childrens Hospital in Ft. Worth and I feel like I've just finished medical school. I've wanted to write a blog about all that has happened since last Sunday, but I just can't seem to finish it. This has been one VERY LONG WEEK! Lukas is finishing up his first round of Chemotherapy for Metastatic Neuroblastoma. He has cancer that has spread. He's had one surgery to remove the primary tumor in his adrenal gland, a whole slew of CT scans, MRI's, Bone Scans and more blood work than I've had my entire life...

For someone going in for allergies and a possible sinus infection, coming out with a diagnosis of cancer is just too much. It still feels surreal...

Maybe over the next few weeks I can put together the whole story from start to present. Until then, you can check out the blog set up just for Lukas or the caringpages.com website just for him.

Pictures and updates to come as soon as I can think straight to get them uploaded!

No comments: